Fundamentals of College Admission Counseling 5th Edition
Completely updated, the textbook is the definitive classroom resource for graduate education programs in secondary school counseling. It is also a must-read for practicing counselors, particularly those new to the profession.
The textbook includes 26 chapters authored by leading practitioners as well as researchers and higher education faculty. The text includes information on counseling foundations and theory, ethics and practice, student pathways and options, serving diverse student populations, and more.
This edition also includes the following new chapters:
• Foundations of Standardized Admission Testing
• Advising Students and Families About Paying for College
• Counseling First-Generation Students and Families
• Technology Tools for the Savvy School Counselor
• Serving Undocumented Students
• Counseling International Students at US High Schools
• Advising the Transnational Applicant